Audience: Early-Stage, Funding-Bound Clean Energy, High Tech and Life Science Entrepreneurs and Intrapreneurs
FountainBlue is pleased to launch its fall Funding Road Trip Series event, the first of a three-month series serving high tech, clean energy and life science entrepreneurs within Silicon Valley. Begun in spring 2008, our workshop series is designed to help entrepreneurs think through their company’s offerings as well as the market opportunity, and then communicate that opportunity succinctly and compellingly to strategic investors.
This first workshop of this fall 2009 series focuses on ‘Your Positioning’, with modules on top ten mistakes in business plans and positioning. Our November 6 follow-up workshop will focus on the pitch to investors and our December 4 workshop will feature presentations to angel and other investors.
Agenda for the ‘Your Positioning’ Workshop:
8:30 Networking and Registration
9:00 Welcomes, Thank Yous and Introductions
9:15 Top Ten Mistakes in Business Plans
Your business plan is the most important document you'll write as an entrepreneur. It can be the ticket to funding, and interest from potential clients and partners. Learn what NOT to do so you can develop a hard-hitting, compelling business case for your company.
10:30 Your Positioning
Before you can pitch your company to raise funds or attract strategic partners and alliances, you've got to perfect your positioning. This session will provide you with a systematic approach to help you better determine your all important market definition and value propositions. This program features a hard-copy, walk-away tool that helps define these for a technology based start-up company and also includes powerful and practical techniques from market research pros to validate your customers’ real pain points and the value of your painkiller. Participants will be taught how to use this tool which is based on a case-study example of a real startup
12:00 Lunch Break and Networking
12:30 Optional Working Session, with Feedback
1:00 Adjourn and Networking
About the Funding Road Trip Series:
• For more information about FountainBlue’s Funding Road Trip Series including testimonials and speaker bios, please visit http://www.fountainblue.biz/fundingroadtrip.html.
• These events are for Silicon Valley-based high tech, life science and clean energy entrepreneurs from the FountainBlue community and beyond.
• The interactive and collaborative nature of this initial workshop requires two representatives from each start-up company to attend.
• Additional representatives from the same company may attend for a nominal additional fee.
• Each session will start at 8:30 a.m. and end between noon and 1 p.m.
• Space is limited so we strongly suggest early pre-registration.
• No service providers are allowed, unless they are invited speakers or current sponsors.
Official Website: http://www.fountainblue.biz/fundingroadtrip.html
Added by FountainBlue on August 7, 2009