FountainBlue’s Funding Road Trip: Your Meeting with Investors
Date and Time: Friday, May 1, 8:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Location: Cooley Godward Kronish, LLP, 3175 Hanover Street in Palo Alto.
Audience: Early-Stage, Funding-Bound Clean Energy, High Tech and Life Science Entrepreneurs and Intrapreneurs
Cost for 2 Entrepreneurs: $80 for FountainBlue members, $85 for Partners, $90 General, $100 On-Site
Registration: http://www.acteva.com/booking.cfm?bevaid=162537 by Wednesday, April 29 at noon
This invitation-only pitch-to-investors workshop is for high tech, life science and clean energy entrepreneurs who have attended the first two workshops in the series, and have successfully created a value proposition, and practiced their pitch to investors. During this third and final workshop in the series, Bill Joos will help you understand how to manage the three critical components of the initial meeting with an investor: your pre-meeting homework, meeting dynamics and management, and the post-meeting follow up.
FountainBlue will invite investors who are actively investing in the spaces of the participating entrepreneurs for real time, measured feedback on pitches. Whether you are a serial entrepreneur, or someone who may be considering a future opportunity, you are sure to benefit from the information presented, the connections made and the peer-to-peer knowledge shared.
Agenda for the Meeting with Investors Workshop:
8:30 Registration and Networking
9:00 Bill Joos: Your Meeting with Investors
10:30 Morning Break
10:45 Investor Pitches, with feedback from investors, each team will get 20 minutes
Presentation Format for the Pitch and Meeting Event:
Each presentation will take about 15 minutes each, broken down roughly as follows:
• Two minutes, verbal presentation, no interruptions, no handouts or slides
• Two minutes for investor judges to complete questions #1-7 on the evaluation form
• Five minutes of questions from investors
• Two minutes for investors to complete questions #8-9 on the evaluation form
• Five minutes of constructive feedback from peers to the presenter
• Transition time to next speaker is about 5 minutes
12:00 Optional Break
12:15 Investor Sessions, with feedback from investor judges and room facilitators, each team will get 20 minutes total
1:30 Optional Pitch Debrief Meeting Facilitated by Bill Joos
About the Funding Road Trip Series:
• For more information about FountainBlue’s Funding Road Trip Series including testimonials and speaker bios, please visit http://www.fountainblue.biz/fundingroadtrip.html.
• These events are for Silicon Valley-based high tech, life science and clean energy entrepreneurs from the FountainBlue community and beyond.
• The interactive and collaborative nature of this initial workshop requires two representatives from each start-up company to attend.
• Additional representatives from the same company may attend for a nominal additional fee.
• Each session will start at 8:30 a.m. and end between noon and 1 p.m.
• Space is limited so we strongly suggest early pre-registration.
• No service providers are allowed, unless they are invited speakers or current sponsors.
• You are cordially invited to join FountainBlue’s community online by visiting http://www.bigtent.com/hosted/fountainblue/invitation?hosted_key=7c64713f1bb5ca6734f2cbe8830e7f0a. Membership dues are $30 annually, prorated, and membership benefits are highlighted at http://www.fountainblue.biz/aboutus/membership.html.
Official Website: http://www.fountainblue.biz/fundingroadtrip.html
Added by FountainBlue on February 4, 2009