FountainBlue’s Funding Road Trip: Perfecting Your Pitch to Investors
Date and Time: Friday, April 3, 8:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Location: Cooley Godward Kronish, LLP, 3175 Hanover Street in Palo Alto.
Audience: Early-Stage, Funding-Bound Clean Energy, High Tech and Life Science Entrepreneurs and Intrapreneurs
Cost for 2 Entrepreneurs: $80 for FountainBlue members, $85 for Partners, $90 General, $100 On-Site
Registration: http://www.acteva.com/booking.cfm?bevaid=162537 by Wednesday, April 1 at noon
FountainBlue cordially invites high tech, life science and clean energy entrepreneurs to the second funding preparation workshop entitled Perfecting Your Pitch to Investors. This hands-on workshop, the second in the FountainBlue Funding Road Trip series, will take entrepreneurs through the process of creating and delivering a compelling elevator pitch, a one-page executive summary and a 13-15 slide company overview presentation.
Working in partnership with fellow entrepreneurs in similar, non-competing spaces, participating entrepreneurs will have the opportunity to learn best practices and immediately apply these learnings to their own companies. Whether you are a serial entrepreneur, or someone who may be considering a future opportunity, you are sure to benefit from the information presented, the connections made and the peer-to-peer knowledge shared.
Agenda for the Pitch Workshop:
8:30 Registration and Networking
9:00 Bill Joos: Perfecting Your Pitch to Investors
10:30 Morning Break
10:45 Pitch Practice Sessions, with feedback from fellow entrepreneurs and facilitators, each team will get 15 minutes
Presentation Format for the Pitch and Meeting Event:
Each presentation will take about 15 minutes each, broken down roughly as follows:
• One minute verbal presentation, no interruptions, no handouts or slides
• One minute for fellow entrepreneurs to complete questions #1-7 on the evaluation form
• Three minutes of questions from peers
• One minute for peers to complete questions #8-9 on the evaluation form
• Four minutes of constructive feedback from peers to the presenter
• Transition time to next speaker is about 5 minutes
12:00 Optional Break
12:15 Pitch Practice Sessions, with feedback from fellow entrepreneurs and room facilitators, each team will get 15 minutes
1:30 Optional Pitch Debrief Meeting Facilitated by Bill Joos
About the Funding Road Trip Series:
• For more information about FountainBlue’s Funding Road Trip Series including testimonials and speaker bios, please visit http://www.fountainblue.biz/fundingroadtrip.html.
• These events are for Silicon Valley-based high tech, life science and clean energy entrepreneurs from the FountainBlue community and beyond.
• The interactive and collaborative nature of this initial workshop requires two representatives from each start-up company to attend.
• Additional representatives from the same company may attend for a nominal additional fee.
• Each session will start at 8:30 a.m. and end between noon and 1 p.m.
• Space is limited so we strongly suggest early pre-registration.
• No service providers are allowed, unless they are invited speakers or current sponsors.
• You are cordially invited to join FountainBlue’s community online by visiting http://www.bigtent.com/hosted/fountainblue/invitation?hosted_key=7c64713f1bb5ca6734f2cbe8830e7f0a. Membership dues are $30 annually, prorated, and membership benefits are highlighted at http://www.fountainblue.biz/aboutus/membership.html.
Official Website: http://www.fountainblue.biz/fundingroadtrip.html
Added by FountainBlue on February 4, 2009