Since our launch in January 2005 as a small underground film night, Filmonik has become the foremost platform for the Northwest's independent filmmakers. With our regular monthly screenings, Filmonik provides filmmakers of all levels and experience with the opportunity to bring their films to an audience outside of the selection-based world of film festivals.
Our screenings work like an open-mic night for filmmakers. Depending on the duration, we don't prescreen films. We simply ask that filmmakers contact us with a few details of the film they'd like to screen - length, format, and the Filmonik screening they'd like to show their film at. In return for this platform that we offer to them, filmmakers are required to ensure that both themselves and their films abide by some very clear rules:
* Films must be shown for the first time at Filmonik
* Film makers must present their film on the screening date which has been agreed
* Films must not have received funding or have been made for a student course (films made BY students are no problem)
* Films must be ready to go - no rewinding or fast-forwarding to find the right point on the tape will be acceptable!
* Films must bear the Filmonik name at the end, including the screening number in which it is shown (all our monthly screenings are numbered)
Breaking of any of the rules will result in a forfeit for the filmmaker: they must make a film, the subject or form of which will be decided by the audience on the night! A filmmaker must screen his or her forfeit film at Filmonik before showing another film.
Filmonik is part of an international movement of independent film and video makers - commonly known as Kino - whose motto is "do well with nothing; do even better with a little, and do it right now!"
Matt and Phreds
Films Start: 8pm
Official Website: http://www.filmonik.com
Added by teaeff on May 14, 2007