Join in the fun and frivolity at our annual Fifties fair. This day-long event, now in its 13th year, is set against the backdrop of Rose Seidler House, one of the finest examples of mid-century modernist architecture in Australia, built by Harry Seidler for his parents, Max and Rose. The house will be open for inspection throughout the day.
What's there to do?
* Best Dressed Awards with great prizes to be won
* vintage vehicle displays
* 50s for kids
* 50s on film in the garden shed cinema
* 50s collectables and fashion stalls
* tours of the house
* variety shows
* 50s hairdresser to create your very own bouffant or quiff
* original 50s black & white passport photo booth
What can I watch and listen to?
* The Detonators from Melbourne
* The Fondue Set
* 50s crooner Grant Galea
* DJs Limpin' Jimmy & The Swingin' Kitten
* The Swingtime Dancers with rock 'n' roll dancing
* street theatre
* comic Mandy Nolan as MC
* hula hoopist Bronie Betty
Official Website: http://www.hht.net.au/museums/rose_seidler_house/fiftiesfair
Added by traffic sounds on August 22, 2007