The Expo is the Bay Area's only grassroots connection fair for independent arts, music and culture.
JOIN US! On Sept. 15 the Expo celebrates eight years as a unique "Free Culture Fair" where the emphasis is NOT on selling, but making connections, sharing resources and creating culture and community. Admission is donation-based and no one is turned away.
The Expo is an all-day extravaganza featuring more than 100 Bay Area arts organizations, free workshops, performances, and hundreds of local artists and musicians. Attendees can browse tables staffed by local galleries, nonprofits, collectives and small businesses; present their portfolios; and join in workshops on grant proposals, censorship, arts marketing, underground art history, making a demo tape and more.
Current schedule of workshops at the expo and related venues includes:
* Night Photography Basics with The Nocturnes
* Balclutha Sea Chantey Crew Performance & Workshop
* Black Blind Blues Krip-Hip-Hop Workshop with On The Outskirts (black disabled artists' history)
* Circuit Bending, Musical Instrument Creation & Modification, and more with Filthmilk
* Film & Video Screening with SF Media Archive
* Historical Dance Re-enactment & Lessons
* Internet Radio & Podcasting Part II!!
* Pinhole/Cyanotype Photography
* Intellectual Property, Copyright & Licensing
* and more!
About Independent Arts & Media:
Independent Arts & Media seeks to strengthen the culture of democracy through community-focused arts, media and news programs. We serve as a nonprofit umbrella agency that produces, curates, and supports new, independent outlets for news, cultural expression, civil dialog and civic participation.
$2 donation and up -- no one turned away!
Official Website: http://artsandmedia.net/expo/
Added by FullCalendar on August 5, 2007