42 hours, 7 weekends
Partial program enrollment available. Ask for details.
FREE ORIENTATION AND KIRTAN
Friday, Sep 7, 2007
TO REGISTER: Contact Amy or Kristen
Amy (415) 292-1200 extension 1148
Kristen (415) 710-4123 or [email protected]
A Deep study in Asana, Pranayama, Philosophy (Jnana), Devotion (Bhakti), Song (Kirtan) and the Art of Teaching.
Secure your spot with a $100 deposit. Balance due on the first day of course.
• Embrace the Essential Principles of Breath, Energy, Action & Thought (B.E.A.T) through advanced asana study.
• Gain an in-depth understanding of the Alignment Principles from the Iyengar Yoga and Anusara disciplines.
• Deepen your knowledge of the Principles of Muscular Energy, Organic Energy and Pranic Energy.
• Learn to apply the Principles of Ayurveda and Physiology to your asana practice.
• Discover the Essential Principles of the Art of Teaching.
• Learn how to see and understand the body through observation and assistance.
1. Essential Actions in Asana – Practice foundational actions in the Legs and Pelvis. Learn to unlock the thoracic spine and the Heart Center. Discover the importance of Mula Bandha (root lock) in Standing Poses and Backbends. Understand and develop an approach that will deepen your practice for years to come.
2. Pranayama – Exploration of breath and energy, or prana. Learn preparation and fundamentals of the practice, contraindications, integration of Mula Bandha and Jalandhara Bandha in pranayama.
3. Philosophy & Devotion and Song – Jnana, Bhakti and Kirtan: Study the tools for Self-Awareness through the Bhagavad-Gita and the Yoga Sutras. Develop an understanding of The Organic layer, The Subtle Body, The Vayus (winds) and The Gunas (qualities) in theory and practice. Join together in song to understand and reveal our most essential nature.
4. Art of Teaching – Cultivate your teaching skills through the Essential Principles of Touch, Adjustment, Observation and Demonstration. Find your Voice through tone, word and meaning in delivery.
5. Apprenticeship – Learn how to see and understand the body through observing and assisting Karl’s public classes. Q&A sessions and group debriefings are included.
Official Website: http://essence.yoganexus.com
Added by kchew on July 31, 2007