Topics covered in one-day course
* fundamental strategies of information design
* evaluating evidence used in presentations
* statistical data: tables, graphics, and semi-graphics
* business, scientific, legal, financial presentations
* complexity and clarity
* effective presentations: on paper and in person
* use of video, overheads, computers, and handouts
* multi-media, internet, and websites
* credibility of presentations
* design of information displays in public spaces
* animation and scientific visualizations
* design of computer interfaces and manuals
The fee for the one-day course is $360 per person. This fee
includes all four books, Visual Explanations, Envisioning
Information, The Visual Display of Quantitative
Information, and Beautiful Evidence.
Groups of 10 or more, registering simultaneously, receive
a 25% discount. The fee for full-time students not currently
employed is $180; provide a copy of the current student ID
and phone number of school registrar. There are no other
Hours for the course
The one-day course meets from 10.00 am to 4.30 pm.
Registration begins at 8:45 am. Lunch is on your own.
Dress is informal.
Official Website: http://www.edwardtufte.com/tufte/courses
Added by rrwhite99 on November 18, 2006