EconCeleb is a half-day seminar centered on the evolving landscape of gossip in the media and how bloggers have effectively moved the topic online from print.
Celebrity content seems to know no bounds. EconCeleb is targeted at this booming marketplace and how it adds up to good business for old media and new media entrepreneurs. Is Celebrity the new mass medium? We will look broadly at the marketplace to see what disruptions lie ahead and where to capture the opportunities. We'll ask the big questions like:
‣What drives the economics of celebrity content, supply or demand?
‣What are the challenges of monetizing it?
‣Who is creating, producing, and distributing the content?
‣How to reach an audience fragmented across so many channels?
And connect those to the questions and tough calls facing marketing and media leadership.
Who: For Senior Executives in Media, Marketing, Distribution, and the Investment Community.
Format: Interactive, intimate conversational format encourages discussion, networking and solving real world problems. There are no presentations, the program is QA and the audience is encouraged to participate.
July 23, 2008
Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel
* Henry Copeland, CEO, Blogads; Director, Sales and Technology, PerezHilton.com
* Nick Denton, Founder & Publisher, Gawker Media
* Bonnie Fuller, Former EVP & Chief Editorial Director, American Media, Inc.
* Karin Gilford, VP & GM, Yahoo! Entertainment
* Tyler Goldman, CEO, Buzznet
* Frank Griffin, CEO & Partner, Bauer-Griffin
* Sheeraz Hasan, Founder & CEO, Hollywood.tv
* Fran Hauser, President, People Digital
* Virginia Heffernan, Columnist, The New York Times Magazine
* Mari Katsunuma, VP, Digital, Bravo
* Suzanne Kolb, CMO, E! Entertainment and The Style Network; GM, E! Online
* Charlie Koones, Board Member, ContentNext Media; former President & Publisher, Variety & Reed Business Entertainment Group
* Harvey Levin, Managing Editor, TMZ.com; Host & Executive Producer, TMZ
* Mattias Miksche, Co-Founder & CEO, Stardoll
* Craig Peters, VP, Footage and Multimedia, Getty Images
* Stan Rosenfield, Founder, Stan Rosenfield & Associates
* David Samuels, Contributing Editor, Harper’s Magazine; Contributor, New Yorker and The Atlantic
* Rob Silverstein, Executive Producer, Access Hollywood
* Brian Sugar, CEO & Publisher, PopSugar
* Kara Swisher, Columnist, AllThingsD
* Andrew Wallenstein, Deputy Editor, The Hollywood Reporter
* R.J. Williams, Founder, Producer & CEO, YoungHollywood
EconCeleb is produced by ContentNext Media, publishers of paidContent, mocoNews, contentSutra and producers of events such as EconSM, Future of Business Media, EconAds and other senior-executive networking events.
Official Website: http://www.contentnext.com/econceleb
Added by mikeinlala on July 14, 2008