East Bay Open Studios and Directory of East Bay Arts 2009
Preview Exhibition: May 5 - June 14, 2009
Open Studios Dates: June 6 - 7 and June 13 - 14, 2009
During the first two weekends in June, June 6-7 and June 13-14, and throughout the year by appointment, East Bay Open Studios connects the public with over 400 artists in 14 cities in the East Bay. Since 1979, this event remains the largest art event in the region and draws an annual audience over 50,000!
How to plan your studio tour:
* Pick up a copy of the Directory of East Bay Arts, the event publication that profiles participating artists and includes maps, an East Bay Arts Index of local arts organizations, galleries, venues and artist groups, and the 12 month East Bay Arts Calendar. Directories are available at Pro Arts and will be distributed in the June 3 issue of the East Bay Express.
* Go to the Preview Exhibition that showcases one artwork from each of the over 400 participating artists. The Exhibition runs from Tuesday, May 5 through Sunday, June 14 at the Pro Arts Gallery: 550 Second Street, off of Oakland's jack London Square.
* Get on the Bus! Ride the Brake for Art Tour: Art Bus Preview, Friday, June 5 departing from Pro Arts. More information below.
* Pick-up Artists' invitations and announcements.
* Follow open studio street signs and banners on event days.
* Log on to the Pro Arts Online Gallery at www.proartsgallery.org for all your 2009 East Bay Open Studios information, listings, maps and more! Each participating artist has a fully searchable personalized webpage with image gallery.
NEW IN 2009: Pro Arts invites critics, writers, and gallerists to curate their own tours, and offers a attendees a new starting point for their East Bay Open Studios experience. These suggested tour itineraries will be available at Pro Arts and online at www.proartsgallery.org
Official Website: http://www.proartsgallery.org/ebos/event.html
Added by FullCalendar on May 16, 2009