E2adventure is an exciting, experiential opportunity for students to test out their entrepreneurial competence in the real world. Faculty and students work closely with seasoned experts to transform an idea into a product or service offering, formulate and implement a business plan and validate the market acceptance. This reality-based business encounter provides insight into the importance of a creative and collaborative management team, experienced leadership and copious amounts of faith and mettle.
Over the course of the day, five teams consisting of one faculty member, one venture capitalist mentor and three business school students, with representation from management, entrepreneurship and marketing classes, will compete and take home true-to-life experience.
Each team receives $100 seed money to create a product/service and marketing campaign and execute the plan on the Wayne State University campus. In addition, they will control a budget of “virtual dollars” to purchase prime booth space, advertising and other marketing tools for on-campus use. The budget constraints will force the teams to examine the importance and identify the right marketing, advertising and product placement mix in the development of their product or service. On day two, the E2adventure teams will be evaluated on the number of business units sold and other key criteria by an expert panel of judges. E2detroit will award valuable prizes to the winning students and reward the winning faculty member with a research grant.
Additionally, the E2adventure will showcase workshops highlighting valuable business resources for budding enterprise.
Capping off the exciting E2adventure is an evening cocktail reception. The reception will provide all with a prime networking opportunity to mingle with venture capitalists, angel investors, business owners, Wayne State students, Wayne State faculty and the general public.
The Third Annual E2detroit continues to promote the spirit of entrepreneurship and economic diversity required for launching successful start-ups with sustained monetary growth. Last year's event was a huge success and we are building on that experience to make the 2007 event even better by providing valuable resources to entrepreneurs and business owners. This year's E2detroit brings together expert authors and speakers, successful leaders from the Detroit community, high-powered investors and Wayne State University MBA students for a two-day program including a student competition, keynote addresses and panel discussions.
E2detroit is based on developing and maintaining long-term objectives of a new company. The event is aimed at bolstering the economy of the State of Michigan and allowing small businesses to access the necessary tools for maintaining longevity. E2detroit is focused on establishing Michigan as a primary hub for enterprise and Wayne State University as a premier training ground for entrepreneurship.
* Business owners
* Michigan innovators in new enterprise
* Venture capitalists
* Angel investors
* Undergraduate and Master's students from area colleges
* Faculty from area colleges
* Individuals committed to promoting the economy through entrepreneurship
E2detroit 2007 Benefits
* Insight into leadership, business development, and marketing strategies from different perspectives - the educator, the student, the investor, the businessperson and the trailblazer.
* Tandem effort combines seasoned experts, faculty and students, encouraging authenticated business development experience to come alongside theoretical learning and research.
* Invaluable training for the small business owner, well-versed in his/her respective area but seeking guidance on aspects of running a successful business.
* Networking opportunities for business owners, venture capitalists, angel investors, faculty and students.
* Fresh topical discussions led by nationally and locally recognized leaders in the business development community.
Official Website: http://www.e2detroit.com
Added by dunrie on September 25, 2007