Managing web projects is difficult! You have mixed teams, expert in different areas. You have stakeholders pulling you in different directions and failing to input on time when key decisions have to be made. The requirements are changing, the scope is ballooning, expectations are high and budgets and time are tight. You need a project management technique that will help you balance all these constraints. It must be workable and provide structure and control where it’s needed, while leaving the flexibility to handle evolving requirements.
This course introduces an agile approach that provides the right level of control and flexibility.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
This course is for you if:
• You are a web manager or marketer and you want to find out how project management tools and techniques can help you deliver web projects on-brief, on-time and on-budget
• You are a project manager looking for ways to achieve greater business benefit and flexibility without sacrificing control in your web projects
• Your web projects are increasing in size and complexity and you are looking for ways to manage your resource more effectively
HOW WILL I BENEFIT?
After attending this course, you will be able to:
• Know what makes web projects successful, and what causes them to fail
• Appreciate the different methods for managing projects and when to apply them
• Define the objectives of your web project and gain the right level of buy in and support from the rest of your organisation
• Ensure your projects deliver tangible benefit to your business over shorter timescales
• Estimate, prioritise and manage tasks and timescales more effectively
• Use project management tools to monitor and manage the risks to your project
• Bring your projects in on time and on budget
• Introduce a continuous cycle of learning into your project team
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
Introduction to Project Management
• What is project management?
• Why projects go wrong?
• What’s different about web projects?
Project Management Overview
• Incremental delivery
Managing Web Projects
• Getting started – defining the project and scope, prioritising and estimating features
• Delivering in increments - planning and managing delivery, tools for managing and communicating progress
• Quality – test first approach
Added by e_consultancy on March 18, 2008