Drummers, Dancers, Downtown!
The OSU School of Music announces the return of the mesmerizing and magnificent Drums Downtown—a hugely popular event that pairs percussion music with dance. Now in its fourth year, Drums Downtown will take to the stage at the Riffe Center’s Capitol Theatre in downtown Columbus at 8 pm Friday, Feb 23, and Saturday, Feb 24. The OSU Percussion Ensemble will perform in a program that spotlights new choreography, dancers from the OSU Department of Dance and the official debut of the OSU Fife & Drum Ensemble.
Directed by Susan Powell and Joe Krygier, the program includes:
* Vespertine Formations by Christopher Deane; choreography by Adriana Durant
* Percussion Sonata No. 2 “Woodstock” by Peter Schickele; choreography by Melanie Bales
* Living Room Music by John Cage
* Volume Pig by Gareth Farr; choreography by Maria Glimcher
* Remembrance by Robin Engelman
* New York Counterpoint by Steve Reich; choreography by Annie Beserra
* Nola by Felix Arndt
* Plus tap dancing by John Giffin and Jenai Cutcher and a special performance by the Pendulum Percussion Duo.
Added by anton on February 5, 2007