The global games industry is now valued at over $30 billion. The rapid growth of the industry, introduction of next generation gaming consoles and advanced PC hardware, the wide popularity of massively multiplayer online (MMO) content such as World of Warcraft, user generated games, and online distribution channels all introduce new challenges and new opportunities. How is the industry dealing with these challenges? What opportunities exist in this highly popular and lucrative industry? With video game budgets easily exceeding $20 million, where will the intrepid entrepreneurs thrive? How does the convergence between the TV and the computer screen affect the games industry? What new business models are emerging?
This CSPA event brings together a group of highly experienced panelists to shed light on the challenges in the Games Industry, and represents a great opportunity to network with peers. Topics to be explored include:
* The increasing cost of making AAA video game titles
* Growth opportunities of MMOs
* Mobile Games
* Online distribution of games
* New business models in the industry
* James Hursthouse, CEO, Online Game Services Inc.
* Tom DuBois, Lead Producer, Global Online Studio, Electronic Arts
* Gus Tai, General Partner, Trinity Ventures
* Jeff Yates, Vice President Product Management, Havok Inc.
Join us for some food, networking, and an insightful evening.
Pre-pay: $15 for premium members, $25 for basic members, $20 students, $30 non-members (register as basic member for free); $5+ for walkins.
Official Website: http://www.cspa.com/eventdetail.php?eid=20070529
Added by FullCalendar on May 22, 2007