If you have been late in adopting blogging and podcasting into your business marketing strategy, get ready to change all that. This workshop will give you an understanding of the free or nearly free tools to help you create an online presence using the blogging platform, Wordpress.
This 2.5 hour workshop - two 1.25 hour segments with plenty of time questions and examples – is meant to help the non-technical and technical alike. In it, you will learn:
• What blogging and podcast are;
• Why blogging and podcasting is valuable;
• How to use your blog for search engine placement;
• How to create audio and video content using free tools;
• How to spread the word about your blog or podcast;
• What Wordpress is and how you use it;
• What additional features and free add-ons can be used to make Wordpress as dynamic as possible – without any programming;
• How to create audio content using the free software, Audacity;
• How you use blogging, podcasting, and other tools with social media sites like Facebook and LinkedIn.
Pricing: $65 non-members / $45 members
* Register by August 22nd and save $10.
Contact [name and email] for groups of 4 or more
About Your Presenter - Matthew Moran
Matthew Moran has been consulting business on strategic and productivity technology since 1991. His approach to consulting, Concept Over Process, places the emphasis of all technology on its business impact.
He is a national recognized presenter on social media, productivity, and professional development. He is the author of The IT Career Builder’s Toolkit and numerous articles on technology automation, professional development, and business.
Official Website: http://www.asba.com/events/details.aspx?EventID=4314
Added by Matthew Moran on August 6, 2008