The Japanese have a reputation for being particular about etiquette and business protocol, and for being challenging business partners. What are the essential things you need to know for successful business interactions with Japanese? In this presentation, Japanese business culture expert Rochelle Kopp—Managing Principal of Japan Intercultural Consulting and author of The Lowdown: Business Etiquette Japan—will fill you in on the key things that will help you avoid misunderstandings and build strong relationships.
Topics will include:
* Understanding Japanese communication style
* Overcoming the language barrier
* How Japanese organizations make decisions, and how you can influence them
* Handling social situations, and using them to strengthen rapport
* How to deal with problems and mistakes gracefully
Case studies of what to do—and what not to do—will be shared. You’ll walk away with concrete strategies and techniques to apply to your next interaction with Japanese.
Official Website: http://www.usajapan.org/2011/08/18/crash-business-japanese/
Added by Japan Society of Northern Califo on September 27, 2011