Make a cozy hat and/or loveable stuffed creature for yourself or for your sweetie by Valentine's Day!
MATERIALS You Will Need:
1. Big eyed needle to hold various colors of
2. Woolen yarn
3. Your sweaters or other woolen garments either yours or from the "As Is" at the Goodwill that have taken a trip through the hot wash cycle and/or was inavertently dried to felt.
4. Small thread cutting scissors and large scissors to cut cloth
5. Buttons, beads,sequins and strong thread and needle to size
6. An open mind and a warm heart
100% wool fells/fulls/felts up nicely, angora and cashmere do not but are lovely next to the face or as material to make flowers or other
embellishments. Cloth other than woolen fabric pieces can line the forehead area (inside).
We need many, many colors and textures! There is a $5 materials charge.
You bring the socks and gloves, I'll bring the stuffing, buttons, needles, thread and basic know-how for making your own loveable stuffed misfit. Inspired by the books "Sock and Glove" by Miyako Kanamori and "Stupid Sock Creatures" by John Murphy, I love taking discarded or worn materials and recycling them into cuddly creatures! With your creativity and a few basic tips from me, you'll be making misfits in no time. We'll be working side by side with Suzi Mayer, so there's no reason not to incorporate felted sweaters into your creature, too! $5 covers all materials (I'll try to have some extra gloves and socks for those of you who don't have your own - though yours are likely to be far more interesting).
Want to see some samples of critters I've made? Visit my blog at http://eyesaflame.blogspot.com/search/label/Stuffed%20Misfits.
RSVP today to Suzan Mayer at [email protected] to reserve a space for yourself and friends.
Added by Eva Schweber on January 25, 2008