Coffee and Code is a regular event where Microsoft Developer Evangelist Joey "Accordion Guy" deVilla "sets up office" at a local cafe in order to make himself as accessible as possible to developers and other techies. It's an opportunity for people to talk to him about Microsoft, its tools and tech, the industry or whatever else is on their mind. It’s also many other things:
- A networking opportunity for people looking to find other people in the local tech industry
- A chance for indie and self-employed software developers to get out of their home offices
- A interesting coffee break for people who work in the area
- A chance for you to get your hands on a copy of the Windows 7 beta (I’ll burn a DVD for you)
- A way for techies to put a little money back into the local economy (by buying lots of coffee and supporting local businesses)
- A nice social event in a relaxed atmosphere…all on a "school day"!
This cafe is nice and spacious, has free wifi thanks to the efforts of the cool people at Wireless Toronto, has good food and is located in one of the best workspaces in the city, If you have an artistic bent, I recommend that you pass by Swipe Books (located in the same building), an amazing bookstore that specializes in advertising and design.
If you’re in the neighbourhood, please drop by! If you’re not in the neighbourhood, don’t worry! I plan to hold future Coffee and Code events in different locations all over Toronto and surrounding areas very soon.
Added by accordionguy on March 4, 2009