What is CIX?
CIX is the Canadian Innovation Exchange, Canada’s most important gathering of the key players in the innovation economy. Over the course of one action-packed day, participants will be exposed to the people, ideas and inspiration who are defining and succeeding in the technology-based innovation milieu. CIX provides a showcase for the country’s most compelling new technology inventions, and a platform for partnerships and transactional relationships with counterparties from Canada, the U.S. and elsewhere. CIX plays the role of providing critical insight through its sessions, and great facilitated and informal networking events designed to enable investors to discover each other as well as Canada’s next great companies. CIX culminates in the presentation of Canada’s top 20 Innovative Companies and participants in CIX vote live to choose the CIX 09 “Canadian Innovation Leader”.
Who Should Participate in CIX?
* Innovators and Entrepreneurs looking to showcase their inventions, share their ideas and meet partners, investors and peers.
* CEOs, CIOs, CTOs and key executives of private and public companies interested in innovation and visionary ideas.
* Members of the entrepreneurial ecosystem including banks, law firms, government officials and other service providers.
* Investors - VCs, Private Equity firms, Angel Investors, Lenders and other Financiers.
What to Expect during CIX
* Valuable perspective on the future of innovation and the role of innovative technology on our economy.
* Valuable insight on key future trends to watch.
* Sessions designed to educate entrepreneurs on growing innovative companies.
* Opportunities for innovative companies to present their organizations to key funding providers in both public and private settings.
About the CIX Top 20
CIX conducts an exhaustive search for the most innovative ideas, products, services and companies in the country. Each year 20 technology and clean technologies are selected via a qualified Selection Committee to showcase their innovative product and services in front of the CIX community. Each of the selected 20 will be asked to deliver a seven-minute presentation live on stage at CIX. Recognized industry experts will act as Judges, evaluating the merit of their product or service and giving constructive feedback and guidance. The CIX community present at the event will vote for CIX 2009 Award for “Canadian Innovation Leader”.
The CIX Top 20 is open to all Canadian companies who consider themselves who consider themselves, their product, technology or service to be innovative in the fields of clean technologies, information technology and digital media.
Official Website: http://www.canadianinnovationexchange.com/cix.top.20.php
Added by bootup on September 29, 2009