The California Next Gen Film Festival (NGFF) is a 4-day cinematic event that encourages and supports young filmmakers that are moving the medium forward in the various digital formats. A filmmaker can have as many or as little of the toys offered by the industry, but we all know it is about the caliber of the content. Filmmakers of all levels, from students and first time filmmakers to more experienced filmmakers, are invited to share their unique visions with a California audience at the first annual NGFF!
We will be recognizing up to 50 short films from narratives and documentaries to digital animation projects. Films will range from 5-30 minutes in length.
The Festival features an opening night gala with celebrities, dinners and events throughout the festival, and finishes up with an evening awards ceremony and party.
$10 for opening night general admission
$35 opening night VIP
$25 4 day general admission pass
INFORMATION FOR FILMMAKERS
- Narrative Shorts Competition
- Documentary Competition
- HD Competition
- Digital Animation Competition
Filmmakers receive all-access passes to all Festival activities including screenings, panels, and gala events.
Some Rules for all Submissions
• All submitted shorts must be between 5 and 30 minutes in length, have no region coding, and be submitted to the California Next Gen Film Festival before the WAB extended deadline.
• All film submissions must be shipped prepaid and packed in proper containers to arrive at the Film Festival office no later than deadline requirements below.
Deadlines and Fees:
* earlybird deadline May 17, 2008
* regular deadline June 14, 2008
* late deadline June 28, 2008
* WAB extended deadline July 12, 2008
Official Website: http://www.myspace.com/nextgenfilmfest
Added by CA Next Gen Film Fest on March 5, 2008
I thought that it was very PROFESSIONAL. I enjoyed the shorts. I thought it was run very smoothly. I hope this will continue to happen here in SACRAMENTO. we need this type of great ORGANISATION. to keep the filmakers comming back & showing what they are doing to keep their views going. I was very happy to see that so many shorts were done in a very PROFESSIONAL manner. I shall submit my project for the next time. thank you very much for comming to our great city. we hope to see you again. I will help by spreading the word about this great event.