Bangalore - July 15, 2008 - The power team for Workhorse IT -- SOA & Web Services, SaaS/PaaS, Virtualisation and Enterprise Content Management (ECM) – will be center stage at Saltmarch Media's Business Technology Summit. The premier annual gathering for business technology stakeholders from across the world, the 2008 edition of Business Technology Summit will be held September 22-26 in Bangalore and Mumbai. Expected to attend the four day conference and expo are nearly 800 decision makers, analysts, product managers, architects, engineers, project managers, designers, developers, programmers, entrepreneurs, VC, marketers and business strategists – who are embracing the opportunities created by these mature and workhorse enterprise technologies. The attendee spectrum will also encompass the IT Channel – Independent Software Vendors (ISVs), Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), Value Added Resellers (VARs), System Integrators (SIs), and Distributors.The preliminary list of speakers has been published from here: http://www.btsummit.com/speakers.html.
As traditional views of IT get supplanted by an overarching business technology trend, companies are investing in gaining the benefits of the next generation of computing, where resources are maximized, integrated and used to deliver business results. Saltmarch Media's Business Technology (BT) Summit features a convergence of inteliigence on the hottest technologies on India’s business technology radar are the ones that are not only exhibiting attributes such as cost savings, flexibility, application re-use, and faster response times, but also the ones that are charting pronounced inflection points in their evolution.
TECHNOLOGIES THAT MEAN BUSINESS
Centered around the theme of Riding the Workhorse IT Hockey Stick, BT Summit features four co-located tracks – SOA & Web Services, SaaS/PaaS, Virtualisation and ECM, which offer complimentary synergistic for a robust IT infrastructure that no IT decision-maker, manager, architect or professional can afford to ignore in their quest for business technology success. Attendees to the summit will be able to attend talks from all four tracks.
“The Summit chair is putting together a program that offers attendees a unique opportunity to learn and assimilate technology know-how, augment executive decision-making, understand best practices, and absorb the innovation excellence of experts, in focused settings,” said Shri. M. N. Vidyashankar, Former Principal Secretary, Information Technology, Government of Karnataka, India. So while the Big Tent Technology Edition will be held in India's tech capital Bangalore (Sep 22-24 2008) the Executive Edition will be in India's financial capital Mumbai (Sep 26 2008). "At the Executive edition, some of India's topmost CIO's will hold forth on the business technologies and solutions they are deploying and implementing to craft the success of their enterprises, besides elaborating on what they did right to keep their business on top consistently," said Dilip Thomas, Chairman & CEO, Saltmarch Media.
SUBMIT SPEAKING PROPOSALS
The conference committee is seeking proposals on issues, technologies, projects and innovation that is relevant and informative to the SOA & Web Services, SaaS/PaaS, Virtualisation, and ECM domains from among the topic areas listed for each track, here: www.btsummit.com/conference.html#tracks. If you have a topic that fits the bill, don't hesitate to send in your proposals via www.btsummit.com/callforpaper.html#onlinecfp.
The preliminary speakers, handpicked by the BT Summit chair, include:
* Alan Pelz-Sharpe - ECM Analyst: Author of ECM Suites and E-Mail Archiving and Management reports. Former ECM Consulting Director, Wipro and VP North America, Ovum. 19 year veteran of the document technology industry. Frequent expert guest on the BBC, CNN and ABC television.
* Chris Harding - SOA Visionary: Forum Director for SOA and Semantic Interoperability, The Open Group. Works on semantic interoperability and SOA. Certified TOGAF practitioner
* Robert Marcus - Grid Visionary: Leader for SOA and Distributed Virtualization standards at NCOIC.org. Senior Research Engineer at SRI International. Former Director of Technology Transformation and Deployment at General Motors, CTO of Rogue Wave Software, VP of Technical Strategy at the MCC Research Consortium, Director of Object Technology at American Management Systems, Coordinator of Object Technology at Boeing, and Knowledge Systems Engineer at HP.
* Matjaz B. Juric - BPEL Mentor: Specialist in projects on SOA Maturity Model, SOA in Telco, performance analysis and optimization of RMI-IIOPMember of BPEL Advisory Board.
* Ravi Gururaj - Founder, VMLogix: Over 17 years of product development, management and marketing experience. Formerly with Trilogy, UberWorks and Dialogic, and founder of two software start-ups.
* Ismael Ghalimi – Father of Office 2.0: Founder & CEO of Intalio, Ismael has been referred to by many as a technology visionary and strategic industry leader. Spearheaded major partnerships and industry alliances, most notably the founding of the Business Process Management Initiative (BPMI.org), the standards body for BPM technologies. Author of IT|Redux—a weblog covering the transformation of the IT industry. Coined the term Office 2.0.
* Sasa Ana - SOA Researcher: Career dedicated exclusively to the field of SOA and implementation of SOA solutions. Works on IT projects for government agencies and large companies. Specialized knowledge and experience in the technical, business and organizational aspects of SOA.
In addition to keynotes, power panels, focussed sessions, and hands-on workshops over four days, one of the best reasons to attend BT Summit is the vibrant exhibition, which features leading business technology companies and their projects and services. Business Technology Summit sponsorship packages are also now available at www.btsummit.com/sponsorsPartners.html. Early Bird attendee registration is also open from here: www.btsummit.com/registration.html.
About Saltmarch Media
Saltmarch Media is a revolutionary new media company that provides industry-leading Web Sites, Conferences, and new media platforms focusing on diverse sectors such as IT, Energy, Human Resources, Manufacturing, Retail, Biotechnology, and BFSI. Saltmarch’s media properties aim to inform, network, and serve professionals and executives in these diverse sectors with information, opportunities, evaluation and guidance they need to excel in their jobs from keeping pace with emerging trends and technologies, to evaluating products and solutions, to developing strategies, to making cost-effective purchase decisions and effectively managing and leading their organizations' projects. More information: http://www.saltmarchmedia.com/
For further information, please contact:
P: +91 80 22218743, E: [email protected]
Official Website: http://btsummit.com
Added by shaguf on August 10, 2008