This one-day course will provide a thorough introduction to the business and practice of running a community or social network online.
NMK is a knowledge-sharing hub for businesses and individuals working in digital media. We are an independent, not-for-profit organisation that aims to bring together people, opinions and ideas for the benefit of the industry.
• What is an online community or network?
• You already have a community!
• What are message boards, live chats and chatrooms and how are they different from each other?
• What’s the difference between a social network and an online commercial social environment?
• How might your organisation benefit from its community?
• Return visits - what makes a community ’sticky’?
• Analysis of your ‘people’
• Content! (and user-content)
• A more equal relationship
• Ideas and customer feedback
• Development ‘Partners’ - the community helps shape the organisation?
How to Build a Community
• Start simple - newsletters, email, publishing html pages, voting, and blogs.
• Getting a dialogue going and building a relationship - what shall we talk about?
• Message boards, live chat - when to begin to bother with the big stuff/expense and how best to implement it.
• Responsibilities to your community - moderation and hosting/internet safety.
• Case studies for best practice
After lunch, the group will be challenged with a practical exercise bringing together all aspects of creating an online community for an existing website, breaking down the stages of the process into edible chunks. This is then followed by an interactive session where any specific questions you may have about managing an online community can be answered.
Lunch and refreshments are provided with this course.
Price: £175 (concessions £125)
To book and find out about other ongoing NMK events visit our website www.nmk.co.uk
Added by NMK on October 15, 2007