Bubble Bash is an opportunity to turn an area of your city into a wondrous playground of fun, and more importantly, it's your opportunity to remember what it was like to be a kid and find joy in simple things.
We'll be gathering on the steps of the Vancouver Art Gallery (facing Howe St.) and letting loose with a blast of bubbles! This tiny section of the bustling downtown core of Vancouver will temporarily be overrun with the ...glee that thousands of bubbles can create - not to mention the thousands of bubbles themselves! Bring your bubble machines, bubble guns, assorted bubble blowers, and bubble solution and help create something magical.
The city we live is also the city we play in, so lets get busy playing.
Everything you need to know:
What: Blowing bubbles in downtown Vancouver
When: Sunday, August 8, 3pm
Where: The steps of the Vancouver Art Gallery, on Howe St between Robson and Georgia
Who: Everyone! Young, old, and everywhere in between. Anyone who loves bubbles (or just likes bubbles as a friend) are welcome!
A few more things you should know:
- Bring your own bubble supplies if you can! I will have a few extra bubble blowers, but probably not enough to equip everyone.
- Bubble machines/bubble guns/bubble blowers are available at Toys R Us, Canadian Tire, Zellers, Wal-Mart, and various toy shops throughout the city.
- Please be respectful of your environment! Do not create a mess and leave it for others to clean up, and if you borrow someone's equipment, make sure you return it in good shape.
- Pass this message on! In order for this to work, people need to show up. :) The only way for that to happen is if you tell them what we're doing. Even if you can't make it yourself, please spread the word!
- This event is inspired by the fabulous Bubble Battles put on by newmindspace in Toronto, which are in turn (loosely) inspired by the Dr Seuss book "The Butter Battle Book".
Official Website: http://yaygee.wordpress.com
Added by yaygee on July 21, 2010