BoomerTech LifeWear: Can Smart Mobile Systems Enrich Your Life?
Thu, Nov 3, 6:00pm-8:00pm, Stanford
MORE INFO: http://www.smartsilvers.com
LifeWear: Can Mobile Systems Enrich Your Social and Healthcare Interactions?
Date: Thursday - November 3, 2005 - Stanford University Campus
Speaker: Dr. Alex (Sandy) Pentland, MIT Media Lab
* Dr. Terry Winograd, Hasso Plattner Institute of Design at Stanford (d.school)
* Dana Mead, Kleiner Perkins Caulfield & Byers
Moderator: Susan Walker, SmartSilvers Alliance
Location: Peter Wallenberg Theater - http://wallenberg.stanford.edu/top/location.html
Time: 6:00PM Registration, Hors d?oeuvres and Networking
7:00PM Presentation and Panel Discussion
Registration: In advance at: http://mitcnc.org/Events_Single.asp?eventID=1175
$15.00 in advance on the website
$20.00 Walk-ins at the door (cash or check please, no credit cards accepted at door)
Students and Faculty with ID -- no charge
Visionary thinker Dr. Sandy Pentland?s group at MIT is developing LifeWear, systems that create "quality of life" maps by monitoring social networks to proactively enhance our personal and social lives.
Join the MIT Club of Northern California and our Stanford sponsors: the Center for Longevity and the Hasso Plattner Institute of Design as we explore in a panel discussion the implications of LifeWear and other innovative technologies with potential to start a revolution in the experience of aging.
* Explore future applications and innovation at the intersection of socially aware computing and communication.
* Discuss the capabilities and applications of LifeWear and related "ambient intelligence" systems.
* Look at investment opportunities, business issues and markets where mobile and social applications can be applied to the interactions of health, life and aging.
DATE & TIME:
Thursday, November 3
Peter Wallenberg Theatre
450 Serra Mall, Building 160
Stanford, CA, 94305-2055
COST & REGISTRATION:
$15.00 Advance, $20.00 Walk-in.
Email: [email protected]
BoomerTech is a business alliance of companies, investors and social entrepreneurs. We offer entrepreneurial services to companies that focus on emerging technologies and applications targeting the intersection of Technology and Aging; enhancing the quality of life as we age.
Added by FullCalendar on October 25, 2005