The AVODAH-AJWS partnership is pleased to offer an intensive training to prepare you to use your talent and passion to serve on the board of directors of a non-profit organization.
If you are in your 20’s or 30’s, and you currently serve on a board of directors or hope to do so in the near future, we invite you to submit an application for this training. It offers a detailed overview of board service, and an opportunity to gain specific skills related to this form of leadership.
By the end of the training, you will be able to:
• Assess your interests, skills and values to make optimum choices about which boards to pursue/join and which roles you would be most effective (and most enjoy!) taking on
• Identify how board service can create social change
• Understand issues specific to young people serving on boards
• Learn what you need to know about an organization before you join its board of directors
• Enter your board service with knowledge and clarity on how you can advance your board and organization to a higher level of performance
• Identify and understand board roles, functions and responsibilities
contact Jessie Posilkin [email protected]
Official Website: http://www.avodah.net/alumni_events.html
Added by JPo on June 6, 2008