EXPERIENCE THE BLOOR-YORKVILLE ICEFEST
*THE ICE HEATS UP*
Friday, February 23rd
*POINTS OF INTEREST*
*FROZEN WINTER WONDERLAND - Village of Yorkville Park
Have a seat on a 15 foot Horse Drawn Carriage modeled after the romantic New York City Central Park style carriages. A driver with top hat sits at the reigns while guests are invited to sit on a faux fur throw in the back seat. The Winter Wonderland is complete with a park bench, lampposts and trees created by the country’s top ice carvers. This is your chance to be the king or queen of Yorkville (even if it is for a brief moment)! Donate $5 to the Heart & Stroke Foundation and walk away with a digital photo memento of your reign taken by photographer ‘Henry Lin’.
*SASSAFRAZ ICE CARVING COMPETITION - Village of Yorkville Park
Now in its 11 year, the carving competition will once again take place in the Village of Yorkville Park on Saturday Feb. 24. Carving begins at noon, with all sculptures being completed by 3 pm. Come cast your vote for your favourite sculpture between 3 and 5 pm, and then join us as we announce The People’s Choice Sculpture and the winner of the Luxury Bloor-Yorkville Prize Package.
Visit the following locations to view magestic Exhibition Ice Sculptures:
(1) RENAISSANCE COURT - 162 Cumberland St.
(2) HOLT RENFREW - 50 Bloor St. West
(3) HUDSON BAY CENTRE - 2 Bloor St. East
(4) MANULIFE CENTRE - 55 Bloor St. West
(5) POLAR ICE VODKA - Village of Yorkville Park
(6) SCOTIABANK - 19 Bloor St. West
(7) HOLT RENFREW CENTRE - Village of Yorkville Park
(8) DR. DIANE C. WONG, Cosmetic Physician - 70 Yorkville Ave.
(9) SALON DANIEL & SPA - 79 Yorkville Ave.
Official Website: http://www.bloor-yorkville.com/04ent.asp
Added by bytepusher on February 10, 2007