Raincity Studios in partnership with the Banff New Media Insitute Accelerator Program presents Blogs n Dogs, a master workshop series on blogging and social networking.
Come join our panel of experts at the Banff Centre, Alberta, Canada from December 4th to the 8th 2005.
In this 4 day event, participants will learn about the philosophies behind the blogosphere. Additionally, they'll develop and refine their blog finding, reading, and writing skills. We'll also be covering social bookmarking, tracking topics, social networking, and emerging practices in audio and video blogging.
Topics to be covered includes:
- Managing your public life online
- Blogging and the arts: Web 2.0 independent music publishing, photographers and artists
- Personal blogs and portals
- Blog writing style
- How to make money with your blog
- Building your community and traffic, connecting with your tribe in the blogosphere
- Traditional PR, marketing and the "blogosphere"
- Social networking tools, blogging tools, aggregation and technology: RSS, XML, podcasting and video blogging
For more information, please view the tentative workshop schedule
(Currently under review)
So why is it called "Blogs n Dogs" ?
Well, we figured 4 days indoors with us would be a bit too much, so we found a fun Canadian winter activity. We'll spend a day outside in the great outdoors, dog sledding, Yes, dog sledding!
You can join us for an optional dog sledding excursion in the world famous Canadian Rockies on December 6. We will be enjoying the wilderness and scenery with some friendly huskies. Come out and take part in a two hour tour of the breathtaking Canadian mountain landscape. Be sure to bring all you winter gear. This will be an opportunity to get to know the faculty and have some fun!
We hope to see you in Banff!
Registration opens October 19th 2005.