Bike the Drive 2008
The Bank of America Bike the Drive is a one-of-a-kind, non-competitive bike ride along a car-free Lake Shore Drive.
Official Website: http://www.bikethedrive.org/
Added by multimodal on December 30, 2007
Make this ride just for you — Choose your own pace and distance for a memorable morning of bicycling on famous Lake Shore Drive with absolutely no cars.
* For your safety, participants are required to start at Columbus and Jackson
o Note: Jackson is closed from Michigan to Columbus for construction, approach on Monroe or Columbus
* Helmets are recommended
* Lake Shore Drive will open to bicyclists at 5:30 a.m. (upon police approval)
* Participants won’t be allowed to start after 9 a.m. At that time, you must be north of Randolph Street or south of Roosevelt Road.
* Around 9:45, volunteers will move bicyclists safely to the Lakefront Trail
o Ride back and join-us at the post-ride festival
o Take your time, traffic on the trail will be congested
* Around 10:30 car-traffic will be restored to Lake Shore Drive
Click below to access information on:
* Ride guide with route and event timing
* Safe and polite bicycle riding
* Getting your bike ready to ride
* Getting yourself ready for the event - casual riders
* Getting yourself ready for the event - experienced riders
* Safe and fun riding with children
The post-ride festival is from 8 a.m. to noon and offers something for everyone, including music, breakfast options ($7 extra when you register), special activities for kids and families, bicycle celebrations, sponsor booths and a chance to learn about the Chicagoland Bicycle Federation’s work.
Important! The Bank of America Bike the Drive takes place rain or shine. Refunds are not available. Your investment in this event directly supports our work to make Chicagoland a better place for bicyclists and pedestrians.