Want to learn more about beers? Already a beer aficionado? Looking for an informative beer tasting in DC to enjoy something other than the usual? Look no further!
GiraMondo wine will host a beer class and tasting this June with the help of Tom Cizauskas who is an experienced brew master, importer, salesman, and entrepreneur. Working with breweries including Clipper City of Baltimore, MD and wholesalers including Select Wines, Inc., Tom knows the beer industry and beers from every aspect. Learn from the master himself as we take you around the world with the beer tasting!
Topics covered will include:
• What is beer? How is it produced?
• The 4 basic styles of beer.
• What are the flavors of beer?
• How does one critically taste beer? Is it like tasting a wine?
• Beer and food pairing: is beer the 'new' wine?
• As with food, FRESHNESS is paramount.
We will taste 8 high end beers from around the world with Beer Master Tom Cizauskas who is also a renowned beer speaker having presented at tastings, festivals, and breweries. The tasting will be accompanied by light appetizers.
Official Website: http://www.giramondowine.com/events
Added by giramondo on May 18, 2009