Basic Ableton: Foundations of Live 8
- The Geography of Live: A tour of the interface – explaining views, transport controls and display areas
- What “Sets” Live Apart: Typical linear arrangement vs. non-linear session sequencing
- Basic Concepts: MIDI vs. audio, multi-tracking, signal processing, destructive and non-destructive editing, time-stretching, pitch-shifting and warping
- Using the Mixer: sends and returns, bus routing, group tracks
- Fundamental Components: Clips, Tracks and Scenes
- Clips: The building blocks of Live
- Manipulating Audio: Basic warping and looping for musicians and DJs, using different warping algorithms, quantizing audio
- Show Time: Building a Live set, basic commands, assigning MIDI and key automation, jamming Live
- Studio Sketches: Recording your performance as an arrangement for further editing
- Under the Hood: Customizing your preferences and defaults 8
Prerequisites: Laptop with Ableton Live 8 installed (demo or trial version acceptable), headphones suggested, midi controller and audio interface optional. To download the demo, visit Ableton.com
Full Ableton Course Bundle: 3 Workshops Total
This is a part of three Ableton Workshops. Attend all three and save $10 per workshop!
To keep prices this low, all training is bring-your-own-laptop (we provide power and wireless internet access).
Refunds are permitted prior to 14 days before the event, less a $25 administrative fee. Regrettably, due to venue capacity, we can not permit refunds within 14 days of the event.
Producing electronic music and performing live for over ten years, Noah Pred has released over fifty recordings and remixes under various guises on numerous international labels. You can catch him DJing at venues throughout Toronto when he's not away on tour. Currently running the Thoughtless Music label from his studio headquarters, Noah's been using Ableton Live for all of his productions, remixes and live sets over the better part of the last decade, and began teaching Ableton workshops at MOOG Audio over two years ago. He is now an Ableton Certified Live Trainer.
Note that this workshop is taught by the only certified Live Ableton 8 instructor in Canada.
Abelton Certified Trainer
Official Website: http://learinglive8basic.eventbrite.com
Added by alisonrmi on January 11, 2011