The Australian Wine Society of Toronto's most popular annual event.
We will have an opportunity to examine and taste Shiraz from a number of regions and test our skills on identifying them with this knowledge. The tasting will be led by our guest sommelier, John Paul Potters. John Paul recently spent four years in Melbourne as sommelier at the Park Hyatt Hotel, and on returning to Canada worked at Susur and Splendido. John is currently sommelier at the Spoke Club, overseeing a dynamic and innovative wine programme.
Here’s the Shiraz tasting lineup:
* 1998 Eldridge Blue Chip, Clare Valley
* 1998 St. Hallett Blackwell, Tanunda, Barossa Valley
* 1998 Mount Langhi Ghiran, Grampians, Victoria
* 1997 Wynn’s Michael, Coonawarra
* 1997 Woodstock “The Stocks”, McLaren Vale
* 1997 Goundrey Reserve, Mount Barker
* 1996 Kingston Estate Reserve, Riverland
* 1996 Leasingham Classic Clare, Clare Valley
Register online at http://shiraz2007.eventbrite.com
Official Website: http://www.aws.ca
Added by skemsley on January 30, 2007