The Auckland Orienteering Summer Series events are a fun way to get out into the parks of Auckland, experience the sport of orienteering, practise map reading, improve your fitness, and explore areas you may not have visited before.
* Run, jog, or walk—you set the pace.
* By yourself, in a team, or as a family.
* Fun adventure or competitive challenge.
We provide you with:
* a high quality park orienteering map
* a selection of preset courses
The challenge is: can you plan and follow your best route to visit the points in correct order, taking the least amount of time?
* Individuals, families, and groups
* Kids, students, adults, and seniors
* Walkers, joggers, and running athletes
Everyone is welcome to give it a go.
No previous experience or special equipment is necessary.
Official Website: http://www.orienteeringauckland.org.nz/ss_prog_07_08.htm
Added by slieschke on October 23, 2007