The Ultimate Conference for Student Government Leaders & Advisors
At the 2008 "National Student Government Summit," you'll improve your SG and network with peers amid the inspiring vistas of our nation's capitol.
In your spare time, shop at Union Station, snap photos of the majestic monuments along the Potomac, meet your representatives face-to-face on Capitol Hill, or satisfy your intellectual side with a free visit to the Smithsonian museums. In the evenings, you can grab a bite in Chinatown, discover real jazz while strolling down U Street, mingle at a trendy bar in Georgetown, or see a play at the infamous Ford's Theater.
Any SG leader from any school, no matter what state you're from, is welcome to attend!
The 2008 "National Student Government Summit" features:
• Dozens of intensive workshops designed to address the specific needs of your Student Government
• Workshops for all levels of Student Governments: very evolved and strong groups, new SGs just starting out, and SGs trying to improve
• Experienced and knowledgeable speakers from across the nation, all of whom are former SG leaders/advisors themselves
• Workshops and presentations that directly apply to SG advisors and administrators
• Private consulting by appointment
• Extra built-in time to network and brainstorm with other SG leaders and advisors attending the conference
• Plenty of free-time to experience all that Washington, D.C. and our nation's Capitol have to offer
• Personal attention from the ASGA's passionate and personable presenters who have devoted their lives to serving and supporting collegiate student governments
What is the cost?
$379 for ASGA members ($100 off!) and $479 for non-members (Register & pay by May 1, 2008 for these early-bird rates).
What will be the total attendance?
This conference has grown every year it has been produced! The 2008 conference will be the largest SG conference in America! Attendance is expected to exceed 600 Student Government leaders and advisors from all types and sizes of colleges and universities nationwide. Over 500 student leaders and advisors from 120 institutions in 37 states attended the 2007 conference. Past attendees have included Roger Williams University, Colorado State University, the University of Arkansas/Ft. Smith, Barry University, Montana State University, Bakersfield College, the University of Wyoming, the University of South Florida, Eastern Connecticut State University, Paradise Valley Community College, the University of Vermont, the University of New Hampshire, New Weber State University, Oxnard College, Hawaii Community College, St. Leo University, La Salle University, and Carroll College.
What’s included in the registration fee?
Conference registrants receive admission to all workshops and presentations, extensive hand-outs, a free walking tour of the U.S. Capitol (150 slots available), Friday and Saturday lunches (hot lunch Friday and boxed lunch Saturday), copies of Student Leader magazine, a conference T-shirt for each delegate (courtesy of Campus T-Shirt), an SG Transition Planner (courtesy of Premier Planners) a 10% discount on ASGA membership, 25% off private consultations, and discounts on books and interactive materials.
Where will the event be held?
The conference will be held at one of the most beautiful and convenient hotels in the Washington area. The Hyatt Regency Bethesda is right on the METRO and is within minutes of the U.S. Capitol, the Union Station mall, the National Mall, and the Smithsonian museums.
Official Website: http://www.asgaonline.com/conferences/national
Added by butchoxendine on June 13, 2008