Immerse yourself in exciting activities and museum displays for all ages to learn about the diversity of California's cultures and their pasts.
--- FREE FOR EVERYONE ---
--- (All Ages) ---
- Excavate for artifacts at our archaeological "dig site
- Step back in time with Juana Briones and her sisters in an 1800s Mexican kitchen
- See how Native Californians made stone tools, nets, baskets, shell bead money, and other items in hands-on activities
- Watch human remains detection dogs in action and see how they are helping archaeologists
- Meet members of the Muwekma Ohlone Tribe and learn about their culture
- See replicas of early Spanish clothing and learn about the people who wore it on the Anza Expedition
- View artifacts from the Mexican immigrant community in the early 1900s at Mount Lowe Resort
- AND MUCH MORE!!!
Presented for the Society for California Archaeology by the Archaeological Research Facility (UC Berkeley) and the Presidio Archaeology Lab (Presidio Trust)
Added by pelforth on March 7, 2007