The Learning Objectives for this Seminar are:
One: Describe all parts and participate in all parts of the Scrum framework
Two: Promote and sell the Scrum framework to leaders, managers, and team members
Three: Launch a Scrum team using a step-by-step process
Four: Overcome typical obstacles as you launch Scrum
Why is this seminar better than others out there?
Our Certified ScrumMaster seminar is unique in many ways. These are the features of our seminar:
• Designed by Certified Scrum Trainer ™ Mishkin Berteig, one of the most experienced in the world
• Classroom management using agile methods so that you can learn by example
• Three intensive days of training with exercises, simulations, discussion and lecture
• Seminar material designed to balance practical hands-on application and the theory and principles so you can adapt to your workplace
• Maximum of 15 students to give you more opportunities to address your concerns (Compared to some trainers with 20, 30, or even 50 students)
• Electronic copies of all seminar materials including free updates forever
• 24 PDUs if you are a member of the Project Management Institute
• Certification as a ScrumMaster through Scrum Alliance (never expires)
• One year paid membership in the Scrum Alliance
To save a spot in one of our public seminars click on Register Now
Location of Seminar
Courtyard by Marriott
65 Minthorn Boulevard
Markham, Ontario L3T 7N5
Google Map for Courtyard by Marriott
What You Will Learn:
In this package of two courses (three days) participants learn how to guide a team, a project, or an organization into a process of rapid delivery of valuable results. We will also focus on the role of the ScrumMaster (or Agile Project Manager) as an enabler of hyper-productive teams. Exercises, case studies, and examples are used to assist participants to develop the knowledge, skills, capabilities, and insights needed to make the shift from traditional management practices to Agile practices.
In this workshop you will learn:
• agile project management practices that enable hyper-productive projects;
• agile processes and facilitation tools that improve the productivity of the team;
• agile collaboration methods to remove the barriers between the team and the customer; and,
• to improve the lives of the team members by facilitating creativity and empowerment.
Agenda of Topics:
Topics for Day One*: Topics for Day Two*: Topics for Day Three*: • What is Agile ?
• Principles of Agile
• Waterfall/Lean/Agile Simulation
• Scrum Process Overview
• Scrum Simulation (part one)
• Sprint Characteristics • Scrum Teams
• Planning Exercise
• Definition of "Done"
• Scrum Simulation (part two)
• Self-Organizing Teams Exercise
• Promoting Scrum • Commitment Velocity
• The ScrumMaster Role
• Launching Scrum
• Overcoming Obstacles
• Process Review Exercise
• Your Next Steps
Schedule: 3 consecutive days 9:00am to 5:00pm with 3 breaks of 10 minutes and a 1 hour lunch break. Seminar Reading Materials are provided to registered participants in PDF format. You are required to review these materials before the seminar starts. This seminar covers the necessary content to be registered as a Certified ScrumMaster. This seminar counts as 24 PDUs.
Available in-house and as a public seminar.
To register for a public seminar, please click on http://www.berteigconsulting.com/node/add/registration .
For information about in-house rates and availability, please contact mailto:[email protected] or call +1 (905) 868-9995.
Seminar Frequently Asked Questions
Please view our webiste-wide FAQ
Added by Berteig Consulting on February 5, 2009