This one day course is designed for people who want to know how to make web PDF content accessible and for anyone who is involved in the PDF creation and design process. This typically includes:
* Graphic designers
* Content writers
* Web developers
* Web site managers
* Creative directors
You may work for an agency, a corporate firm, a local council, or anyone that is keen on driving accessibility forwards in their business.
What will I achieve?:
On successful completion of this course, participants will:
* Have an understanding of the tagging tools available in Adobe Acrobat
* Know how to begin making Adobe PDF forms accessible
* Be able to set the read order of tags
* Add descriptive text for forms, tables, links and image such as graphs
* Comfortable converting word documents to PDF and identifying issues and correcting tagging and markup
* Be able to Enable settings for text access for screen reader devices
This one day course provides delegates with practical examples, comprehensive notes, guidelines and sources of reference.
The course can be tailored to meet the needs of your team and your organisation, but typical course content includes:
* Overview of Accessibility in Adobe Acrobat
* Making Adobe PDF forms accessible
* Setting the read order of tags in the document
* Adding descriptive text for forms, tables, links and image such as graphs
* Converting word documents to PDF and identifying issues and correcting tagging and markup
* Enabling settings for text access for screen reader devices
* Making documents pass the Accessibility checker
* Tagging scanned documents
You should be familiar with using Adobe Acrobat and have a clear understanding of working with HTML tags and knowledge of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) and Web Standards.
We have trained:
Vodafone, Macmillan, Midlands Coop, Save The Children, Help the Aged, AbstractMRM, ESRC, Woking Borough Council, Hastings Borough Council, Pernod Ricard, Hermes, English Heritage, Princes Trust, KPMG, BDO Stoy Hayward, Great Ormond Street Hospital, British Library, CIPD, National Trust, Waitrose, Next, MBNA, AXA PPP Healthcare, The Stationery Office, RBS Corporate, Cambridge University Press, Stroud and Swindon, Bibby Financial Services, Thames Valley University, The Equality and Human Rights Commission and more.
Need some more information?:
We are ready to answer your questions right now, so please contact us by telephone on +44 (0) 207 168 7526 or drop us a quick email [email protected] and we will do our best to help you with any questions you might have.
Official Website: http://www.spotlessinteractive.com/
Added by spotle55 on February 2, 2010