Topic: INM's New VizionDB
Speakers: Gabrielle Krim - Integration New Media http://www.inm.com/products/viziondb/desktop/
Date: Tuesday, June 13th
Time: 6:00 - 8:00 PM
Where: MIT Stata Building
AKA Building 32, on this map:
VizionDB is INM's new version of their flagship V12 Database. The "Desktop" version that is currently being announced is a Director Xtra, but their use of the "Desktop" label suggests that other (non-desktop?) versions may be arriving at some point in the future.
Here's INM's description:
Vizion DB comes with entirely new features and enhanced performance. It's a database management tool designed for both the creative individual sand the skilled programmer:
- Accomplish the fastest design-to-delivery cycle possible with the combination of industry-strength database technology and easy-to-use productivity tools.
- Create user interfaces that are visually appealing, intuitive, flexible and powerful.
INM VizionDB is the essential tool for multimedia developers, graphic designers and programmers of all levels looking to develop projects on CD/DVD-ROM, kiosks or installed to the end-user's hard drive
INM VizionDB is ideally suited for:
* Electronic catalogs (e-catalogs)
* Training & e-learning material
* Sales & marketing material
* Electronic books (e-books)
* What is INM VizionDB Desktop?
* Overview of different projects you can build with databases
* Creating an INM VizionDB database (INM VizionDB Editor)
* Inserting INM VizionDB Database and Recordset members in Director
* Building a simple user interface to search
* Building an interface to add and update data
* Question & Answer session
* Additional advanced demo, if requested
About Integration New Media, Inc. (INM)
Integration New Media (INM) is an expert in interactive media (CD/DVD, internet, kiosk, and mobile) and a leading provider of marketing, meeting and event tools, and custom software development. For over 15 years, the company has provided clients of all types and sizes with technology and services to create rich, interactive publications and applications. INM also has a successful line of products which includes some of the best-known Xtras for Adobe Director and Authorware. With INM's breadth and depth of expertise, strong partnerships have been forged with industry giants Macromedia(r), Adobe(r), Apple(r) and Microsoft(r). For more information about INM, visit http://www.INM.com/.
About the presenter, Gabrielle Krim
Gabrielle Krim has a B.A. in Computer Science from Cornell University and a M.A. in Educational Technology from Concordia University. She has over 10 years experience in the industry, as a software developer and multimedia author for database and e-learning projects. She has been working for INM as Instructional Designer and Product Manager since March 2002. Gabrielle will be introducing INM VizionDB Desktop for Director (the next generation of INM V12 Database) to MMUG on June 13, 2006.
Added by Clampants on May 30, 2006