Lunch presentation with panel discussion by:
- (Moderator) Richard Read, The Oregonian
- S. Gregory Borossay, Port of Portland, Manager, Marine Marketing
- Joel Enderle, Columbia Sportswear, Sr. Dir. of Footwear Manufacturing
- Lisa Graff, Intel Corporation, GM, Server Platforms, Digital Enterprise Group
- Amy Hsuan, The Oregonian, staff writer currently reporting on green and solar industries in China
In this global economy, the economic meltdown happening in the U.S. is also affecting economies around the world. China, Oregon’s largest export country in 2008, is being negatively affected. We often see bad news coming out of China, such as:
* "China’s Slowdown Sends out Aftershocks”,
* "Jobless Migrants Hit 20 Million as China’s Unemployment Rises”
* "China’s Small Factories Struggle”, etc.
We have assembled a panel of seasoned business people and professionals who have been working and/or traveling in China to give us a closer look at what is really going on over there and share their insights with us. We will also learn about any implications to the Oregon economy due to the current situation in China. Please bring your questions and join us!
Official Website: http://www.nwchina.org/programs/090304cbn.html
Added by Craig Fisk on February 22, 2009