Now in its seventh year, the Future of Music Policy Summit brings an unprecedented group of panelists and keynote speakers together with an engaged, diverse audience for a robust debate about the critical issues at the intersection of music, law, technology and policy.
Join us in Washington, DC from September 17-18, 2007 for panels, keynotes and breakout sessions that will examine some of the critical issues emerging from Congress, the courts, the Copyright Office and from the international stage including:
- - music copyright and licensing issues
- - webcasting, satellite and terrestrial radio royalties
- - network neutrality and broadband policy
- - sample clearance licensing process
- - technologies that are bringing artists and fans closer together
- - the challenges of cultural preservation
Musicians' scholarships available
FMC offers scholarships to every event to make sure that musicians are not left out of the music/technology debate. Thanks to some generous contributions from foundations, technology companies, sponsors, and musician advocacy groups, more than 100 musicians will be able to attend this event for free. The scholarship application process will open up in mid-July.
Visit Future of Music Coalition
to receive updates about this event and take advantage of our early bird registration from July 15 - August 15, 2007.Event
submitted by Eventful.com
on behalf of tsunamismr