Welcome to the 2009 Kaiser Permanente San Francisco International Dragon Boat Festival (SFIDBF). Our event will be held this year on September 26 & 27th, 2009. This year marks our fifth year at our incredibly beautiful and scenic home - Treasure Island. With the continued growth of dragon boating in the Bay Area, the California Dragon Boat Association (CDBA) again expects record attendance in all divisions this year. Come join us for another great weekend of good, hard racing, excellent entertainment and food, and great times on and off the water!
This race, draws over 50,000 spectators and more than 100 domestic and international dragon boat teams. For 2 days, Treasure Island is blanketed with large tents, the smell of BBQ and the roar of spectators.
Festival highlights include:
- More than 100 novice and competitive dragon boat teams and over 2,500 paddlers from all over the U.S. and international locales for the largest competitive dragon boat festival in the country
- Cultural performances such as Hawaiian dance, Taiko drumming, martial arts
- Dragon Land: an expansive children's pavilion with free games, arts and crafts
- Delicious Asian food and unique gifts
- Kaiser Permanente Health and Fitness Pavilion: skin care bar, massage, blood pressure testing
Email: [email protected]
Added by calsladybug on September 12, 2009