The SF New Tech Meetup is a series of regular events for VCs, journalists, hackers, techies, recruiters, CEOs -- and you. It's for people who want to see the latest and greatest new technology in their own backyard. We're over 1100 strong -- and we don't bite.
It's also common ground (usually stocked with beer and pizza) and a place to build relationships within the tech community of San Francisco.
The format is simple: 4-6 new tech companies get 5 minutes each to demo their latest and greatest, and then we get 5 minutes to comment, critique and ask questions of them. The room talks it out and it's good.
Demos on tap:
- TellFriends (http://www.tellfriends.com) -- Social bookmarking tool built on infokarma to help people tell their friends about all the good stuff in life. (James Lim)
- MerchantCircle (http://www.merchantcircle.com) -- Platform for small businesses to build online storefronts and leverage coupon tools. (Kevin Leu)
- Readware (http://www.readware.com) -- A new concept in rich discovery tools built on text analysis technology. (Pierre Wolff)
- MyThings (http://www.mythings.com) -- MyThings will formally announce its US launch and demo its platform for people to catalog, track, talk about, and ultimately add value to their "things" through unique partnerships with retailers, manufacturers, service providers, auction houses. (Martha Danly)
As always, we'll have our 60-Second Soapbox Announcements. In need of developers? Seeking funding? Looking for work? The microphone and the floor is yours -- for 60 seconds! Go!
7:00-7:30 pm Schmooze, Pizza & Beer (while supplies last)
7:30-8:30 pm Demos
8:30-8:45 pm 60-Second Soapbox Announcements
8:45-9:30 pm Schmooze
This event is made possible thanks, in part, to our sponsors:
* Mylermedia - Popping online brands into the minds of millions. (http://www.mylermedia.com)
* The Forbin Group - Web 2.0 infrastructure design, strategy and consulting. (http://www.theforbingroup.com)
* Future-Works PR - Social media, and new media marketing. (http://www.future-works.com)
* Jacobs & Ferraro - A full-service business law firm specializing in the representation of emerging technology and digital media companies, licensing, corporate finance, mergers & acquisitions and complex litigation. (http://www.jacobsferraro.com)
** YOU MUST RSVP TO ATTEND THIS EVENT **
** NO RSVP, NO SEAT, NO FUN **
Click the link below join the group and to RSVP (don't RSVP on upcoming.org).
Official Website: http://newtech.meetup.com/15/calendar/5548659/
Added by myles on March 26, 2007