A BarCamp is an ad-hoc gathering born from the desire for people to share and learn in an open environment. It is an intense event with discussions, howtos, demos and interaction from participants. If you want to attend, you are encouraged to give a presentation or a demo of some kind.
IF YOU PLAN TO ATTEND THIS EVENT, please add yourself to
BarCampAdelaide is part of the BarCampAustralia, and will be held at the same time as other BarCamps across Australia on the 3rd and 4th of March, 2007.
Anyone who is interested in technology, the Internet and several related topics, covered in an unconference style
A good opportunity for the many flavours of geeks in Adelaide to share ideas and projects. You don't have to contribute, you just have to be interested.
Moana Pioneers Memorial Hall, Nashwauk Cres Moana SA 5169 Google Map. Other States involved are BarCampSydney and BarCampMelbourne and BarCampPerth and BarCampCanberra.
3rd-4th March, 2007
Given that the BarCamp is in a Hall next to the beach at Moana, it'll be summer, beach, weekend ... you get the picture.
From the City to Noarlunga Center Train and then a 741 Bus and get off at stop 87.
1) Heading south from Adelaide down Main South Road.
2) Continue through the suburbs of Reynella, Morphett Vale and Hackham.
3) After going past the Victor Harbor Road turnoff, turn right on Griffiths Drive, which is the next main road..
4) Continue on Griffiths Drive, through the intersection at Commercial Road and then down toward Nashwauk Crescent at the end.
5) Approach the roundabout at the end of Nashwauk Crescent and to your left you'll see the hall and the caravan park
We have created a Google Group for discussing this event at this link:
* Group name: BarCampAdelaide
* Group home page: http://groups.google.com/group/barcampadelaide
* Group email address [email protected]
Official Website: http://barcampadelaide.org/
Added by thiru on February 18, 2007