A full day of outdoor fun for all ages!
• Walks and talks with local experts on birds, geology, and trees
• Tour the Arb with O.C. Simonds, the Arb’s first landscape designer
(aka MBGNA Director Bob Grese)
• Meet fascinating critters from the Huron River
• Canoe or kayak with a naturalist, stopping at the Arb’s restored River Landing (pre-registration required; limited to 10 vessels. $.)
• Children’s fun: Tales Under the Trees; leaf rubbings & tree search; bubbles on the knoll; a ‘Fairy Woods’ visit; handprint art project for the new Gaffield Children’s Garden
• Visit the Reader Center, U-M’s oldest building, to enjoy a film, view antique gardening tools, or sign our Centennial Memory Book
• And much more!
Free admission; refreshments available ($). Visit www.mbgna.umich.edu for the day’s complete schedule, activity details, and important parking information. 734.647.7600.
Official Website: http://www.mbgna.umich.edu
Added by bungalow1320 on September 24, 2007