A special event about the "secret" side of Copyright Law
See Untold Stories, a short video produced at American University's Center for Social Media about the problem of rights clearance for documentary filmmakers, and engage in a lively discussion with filmmakers, programmers, and legal experts:
* What's "fair" in quoting or appropriating something without paying for it?
* What are the implications of Fair Use on freedom of expression and distribution?
* How can I reduce production and legal costs and follow the law?
* How do I deal with the exploitation of my material?
* What is the best way to navigate the law safely?
- Patricia Aufderheide, Director, Center for Social Media, American University;
- Fred Von Lohmann, Senior Staff Attorney, Electronic Frontier Foundation;
- Jack Walsh, independent filmmaker and Co-Director, National Alliance for Media Arts and Culture
- Donald Young, Director of Broadcast Programming, Center for Asian American Media;
- Claire Aguilar, Director of Programming, Independent Television Service.
Added by lawgeek on January 13, 2006