Talks, presentations, demos...
1. MiaPlaza.com -- Online platform for communities, version 2.0, Johannes Ziegler
2. Citizen Think Tank -- Online platform for collaborative sensemaking (short concept pitch), Tim Bonnemann
3. db4objects -- Building a developer community at db4objects, Christof Wittig
4. Mashup Tools (short concept pitch), Bjoern Hartmann
5. Structured wiki - what it is & how it is used at the workplace (short presentation/demo), Peter Thoeny
Web Monday is an informal gathering (in and around Germany) aimed at bringing together developers, designers, entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, researchers, web pioneers, inventors, bloggers, podcasters, end users and other folks interested in web 2.0 (in the broadest sense). The goal is to better connect the German web 2.0 scene as well as improve transatlantic idea exchange between Germany and the US (and – hopefully – help bring some of those good Silicon Valley vibes to Germany).
Since its inception in November 2005, Web Monday has spread fast: meetings are now being held in 10+ cities all across Germany on a regular basis (among them 7 of the nation's top 10 biggest) and have attracted several hundred repeat participants so far. Meetings have also been held in Vienna (Austria) as well as on Second Life.
Anyone involved in web 2.0 or neighboring fields who has an interest in German-US business (or any kind of "bridging" between the two, for that matter) is most welcome to join. Whether you are from Germany and live and work here in Silicon Valley (and want to help spread the love), or whether you are from Silicon Valley and have ties to Germany – Web Monday Silicon Valley is your chance to present your product, your service, your startup, your cool new project or your next big idea to a growing audience of German web aficionados.
There will be pizza/snacks and drinks,
We especially welcome our fellow Europeans. Come on over! There's plenty we can learn from each other.
Mark your calendars:
* April 16, 2007 -- Web Monday Silicon Valley (San Francisco edition) (alongside Web 2.0 Expo)
* June 18, 2007 -- Web Monday Silicon Valley
Official Website: http://www.webmontag.de/doku.php?id=silicon_valley
Added by planspark on November 28, 2006