The conference will be held at Caesars Palace, where Nielsen Norman Group has negotiated a discounted room rate of $159 per room plus tax, single occupancy.
NN/g’s discounted room rate is available only through online registration, and does not include a 14% tax. The rate will be honored between November 28 and December 11, 2007, and is subject to availability. We recommend that you register as early as possible.
Caesars Palace Hotel and Casino is an internationally known luxury hotel offering fine dining and world-class gambling and entertainment. Hotel grounds feature sweeping lawns, with numerous classically inspired fountains and statues surrounding three swimming pools.
The hotel’s newly opened Qua Baths and Spa offers “Roman Rituals” including Roman baths for a uniquely social spa experience. For those who prefer more traditional socializing, Caesars has five bars and lounges, such as the floating Cleopatra's Barge, and 129,000 square feet of casino space, including the 8,500-square-foot Poker Room and the intimate, high-limit Palace Court Casino.
Caesars is located on The Vegas Strip, which offers a variety of theme hotels, casinos, and other amusements, including
* The opulent Bellagio Hotel, which features a world-class art gallery and designer boutiques, along with the dramatic Fountains of Bellagio—one of the city’s best free attractions.
* The Shark Reef Aquarium at Mandalay Bay.
* Cirque du Soleil’s provocative Zumanity, which runs twice nightly, Wednesdays through Sundays, at the New York-New York Hotel and Casino.
* The Venetian's Guggenheim Hermitage Museum, designed by architect Rem Koolhaas.
McCarran Airport is the primary airport serving Las Vegas, and provides taxi, shuttle, bus, and limousine services to the city. You can catch a Showtime Tours shuttle bus serving hotels on the Vegas strip outside the main baggage claim area; the cost is $5.50 a person and travel time is approximately 40 minutes. A cab ride between McCarran Airport and the hotel is $13 to $14 and takes 10 to 15 minutes.
Caesars offers an airport check-in facility, which lets you check into your room and receive a key before leaving the airport. The airport check-in facility is open daily from 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., and is located near Carousel 1 on the south side of McCarran's main baggage claim area. For more information on airport check-in, call +1 (800) 818-7450 and press 0 for an operator.
NN/g will provide a daily continental breakfast, and refreshments during breaks.
Caesars Palace offers an array of cuisine, including Italian, Euro-Pacific, and authentic Chinese and Japanese. Fine dining options at Caesars include two restaurants run by world-class chefs:
* Guy Savoy, recently named France’s Chef of the Year, has opened Restaurant Guy Savoy overlooking Caesars Roman Plaza.
* Bradley Ogden, the namesake restaurant of the renowned Bay Area chef, serves up farm-fresh American cuisine and earned the 2004 James Beard award for Best New Restaurant.
The Vegas strip offers numerous other dining options, from a take-out pork loin sandwich at the MGM Grand’s ’wichcraft to truffle-crusted lamb rôti and lobster medallions at Bellagio’s Picasso. To help you sort through the options, you can turn to numerous online dining guides, including:
* Epicurous.com, which offers advice on hot spots and local favorites, along with budget and high-end options.
* Vegas.com has a comprehensive restaurant guide, along with recommendations for budget dining.
* MetroGuide's dining guide to The Strip offers thumbnail descriptions, community reviews, and contact information.
* Taste of Vegas features dining news, reviews, and an extensive restaurant guide.
What to Do in Las Vegas:
A good starting point is the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority’s Only Vegas website, which includes:
* A comprehensive guide to playing in Las Vegas, including the lowdown on casinos, shows, events, nightlife, shopping, golf, and other attractions.
* A timeline of the city’s history, from 1829 through the present.
* A multimedia Experience Vegas section that lets you view videos of the city, use and print interactive maps, and get an overview of all the city has to offer with links to the site’s various searchable guides.
Also, 24/7 Magazine offers listings of restaurants, shows, attractions, golf, and shopping, along with various magazine feature articles in each category.
Vegas.com features comprehensive guides, along with maps, weather, and the Vegas Minute weekly podcast and archives.
Official Website: http://www.nngroup.com/events/las_vegas/location_info.html
Added by esquareda on July 24, 2007