Coordinated by BIG (Bloor Improvement Group). BIG's intent is to advance the economic, physical, cultural and social life of Bloor Street by creating opportunities and events that improve and celebrate the area.
The intention is to get people excited about improving local Bloor Street. We will focused on creating an event we can all contribute to The BIG Festival. This festival will include wide community leadership, opportunity and participation. The BIG Festival will be a catalyst for general improvement and cause for celebration of the B.I.G. Bloor area.
- Provide an opportunity for diverse groups to get to know each other and become friends by working on common goals that will build a stronger community.
- Support local business by improving storefronts and street appearance.
- Introduce cultural events and opportunities that enrich the area visually and culturally via art projects.
- Encourage shopping on Bloor with a Buy-on-Bloor campaign.
- Incubate new business to fill empty stores.
- Improve the businesses that we have.
- Create Bloor Street destinations that encourage walking via window-shopping, good stores and cultural projects.
- Reduce crime: by putting more people on the street to notice and respond to problems, by creating a street appearance that announces that this is a cared-for area and develop strategy to address the social issues facing at risk individuals.
- And more
The event is free to attend.
Local businesses, craftspeople, artists, musicians, community groups can rent a table for $25 until the end of April, $40 in May.
Reserve your table online - www.bigonbloor.com/signup.html
Official Website: http://www.bigonbloor.com
Added by dougalup on April 14, 2008