MONDAY, NOVEMBER 28th
"Tell Your Friends!"
at The Lolita Bar
266 Broome St., off of Allen St.
Take the F train to Delancey St.
8:00pm - FREE SHOW
WITH YOUR MC - Baron Vaughn
As seen on Comedy Central's "Premium Blend" and her own 1/2 hour special on the Canadian comedy channel
He's had his own "Comedy Central Presents" 1/2-hour special. You might know him from his weekly gig on VH1's "Best Week Ever," his regular stints on NBC's "Today Show," his hosting gig on TV Land's "Game Time," or you might remember him as Chad The White Guy from The Chappelle Show's "Mad Real World" sketch.
From "Premium Blend" and VH1's "Best Week Ever"
Soon to be seen on an upcoming "Premium Blend," and she's a former writer for "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?"
Slovin & Allen
Downtown comedy's original power couple, they've had their own "Comedy Central Presents" 1/2-hour special, they served for a few years as writers for "Saturday Night Live," and they've made multiple appearances on shows such as "Late Night w/ Conan O'Brien" and "Viva Variety!"
AND OUR HOUSE BAND - A Brief View of the Hudson, a folk-rock duo that blows away audiences at every show they play.
Here's what the press has said:
* "BEST FOLK DUO"
"It's rare that we like a band from the first chord. Yet the first time we saw folk duo A Brief View of the Hudson play at the Bowery Poetry Club we were hooked.
Ann Enzminger and Nicholas Nace incorporate many of the best characteristics of both country music and classic rock without sounding derivative...Enzminger is a tiny woman, a hair taller than five feet, but with an opera-trained voice as big and sweet as a bowling ball?size Hershey Kiss. Nace's twangy talk-singing adds a quirky and ear-catching roughness; we crave the combination time and again." - The NY Press
* "It is not often that a band sounds like nothing you've ever heard & still sounds good. That's what you get from A Brief View of the Hudson." - The NY Sun
* "A Brief View of the Hudson features Ann Enzminger's arrestingly powerful vocals, which are well tuned to the duo's graceful songs of indie-folk heartbreak." -Time Out NY
WHAT THE PRESS HAS SAID ABOUT "TELL YOUR FRIENDS!"
* Time Out New York called it a "DON'T MISS" twice now, and said: "With a slew of talented stand-ups . . . and folk-rock duo 'A Brief View of the Hudson,' Liam McEneaney's new show?and 'workout comedy room'?is sure to please."
* The NY Daily News made it a Monday pick of the day.
* AM New York put it in their "Best Bets" section.
* "Editor's Pick!" - clubfreetime.com
Produced by Mike Collins & Liam McEneaney
Added by simpletwist on November 12, 2005