MONDAY, ROCKTOBER 10th
"Tell Your Friends!"
at The Lolita Bar
266 Broome St., off of Allen St.
Take the F train to Delancey St.
8:00pm - FREE SHOW
WITH YOUR MC - Liam McEneaney, from "Premium Blend" and VH1's "Best Week Ever"
* Josh Comers, one of New York's best undiscovered comedians.
* Aubrey Tennant, who will be coming back from the prestigious Vancouver Comedy Festival. He's from Canada, and his girlfriend lives up there.
* Tony Camin, cowriter/star of "The Marijuana-logues," and seen on "Late Night w/ Conan O'Brien," "Tough Crowd w/ Colin Quinn," and much more.
* Tom Shillue, had his own half-hour "Comedy Central Presents" special, and has appeared on "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" and "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart"
WE'RE CELEBRATING ROCKTOBER WITH A SPECIAL GUEST BAND
The Rob & Mark Show, who will be doing something super-special; they'll be doing a musical version of Ralph Macchio's classic cinematic tour de force, The Karate Kid. I caught this once at their show, and you've got to see it to believe it. The two of them do all the parts and everything; the first time I saw it, I went to their show uptown to see if I could get booked for it, and their musical Karate Kid literally blew me away. Funnily enough, they never booked me for their show, yet . . . here they are . . . doing my show.
AND OUR HOUSE BAND - A Brief View of the Hudson, a folk-rock duo that blows away audiences at every show they play.
Here's what the press has said:
* "BEST FOLK DUO"
"It's rare that we like a band from the first chord. Yet the first time we saw folk duo A Brief View of the Hudson play at the Bowery Poetry Club we were hooked.
Ann Enzminger and Nicholas Nace incorporate many of the best characteristics of both country music and classic rock without sounding derivative...Enzminger is a tiny woman, a hair taller than five feet, but with an opera-trained voice as big and sweet as a bowling ball?size Hershey Kiss. Nace's twangy talk-singing adds a quirky and ear-catching roughness; we crave the combination time and again." - The NY Press
* "It is not often that a band sounds like nothing you've ever heard & still sounds good. That's what you get from A Brief View of the Hudson." - The NY Sun
* "A Brief View of the Hudson features Ann Enzminger's arrestingly powerful vocals, which are well tuned to the duo's graceful songs of indie-folk heartbreak." -Time Out NY
WHAT THE PRESS HAS SAID ABOUT "TELL YOUR FRIENDS!"
* Time Out New York called it a "DON'T MISS," and said: "With a slew of talented stand-ups . . . and folk-rock duo 'A Brief View of the Hudson,' Liam McEneaney's new show?and 'workout comedy room'?is sure to please."
* The NY Daily News made it a Monday pick of the day.
* AM New York put it in their "Best Bets" section.
* "Editor's Pick!" - clubfreetime.com
Produced by Mike Collins & Liam McEneaney
Added by simpletwist on October 6, 2005