MONDAY, ROCKTOBER 3rd
"Tell Your Friends!" - it's RocktoberFest!
at The Lolita Bar
266 Broome St., off of Allen St.
Take the F train to Delancey St.
8:00pm - FREE SHOW
WITH YOUR MC - Liam McEneaney, from "Premium Blend" and VH1's "Best Week Ever"
* Chris DeLuca, writer for VH1's "Best Week Ever," and former writer for "The Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn."
* Claudia Cogan, who has appeared on Sirius Satellite radio, and at the UCB theatre
* Kristen Schaal, whom New York magazine just named one of "The Ten Funniest People You've Never Heard Of."
* Andy Borowitz, the creator of "Fresh Prince of Bel Air." Here's his bio from The Moth: Andy Borowitz is a comedian, actor, and writer whose work appears regularly in The New Yorker, The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times and at Newsweek.com. He is the first-ever winner of The National Press Club?s humor award and has won six Dot-Comedy Awards for his website, borowitzreport.com. He appears on National Public Radio?s Weekend Edition Sunday, CNN?s American Morning, VH1?s Best Week Ever and has acted in the films Marie and Bruce starring Julianne Moore and Matthew Broderick and Melinda and Melinda starring Will Ferrell and directed by Woody Allen. He is the author of four humor books, including Who Moved My Soap? The CEO?s Guide to Surviving in Prison and The Borowitz Report: The Big Book of Shockers. He was a 2001 Finalist for the Thurber Prize for American Humor for his book The Trillionaire Next Door.
WE'RE CELEBRATING ROCKTOBER WITH A SPECIAL GUEST BAND
The Domestics - recent winners of the Boys vs. Girls Battle of the Bands
AND OUR HOUSE BAND - A Brief View of the Hudson, a folk-rock duo that blows away audiences at every show they play.
* CONGRATULATIONS TO A BRIEF VIEW OF THE HUDSON
They were named NYC's "Best Folk Duo" in the new NYPress Best of Manhattan 2005 issue.
* Here's what other press has said: "It is not often that a band sounds like nothing you've ever heard & still sounds good. That's what you get from A Brief View of the Hudson." - The NY Sun
"A Brief View of the Hudson features Ann Enzminger's arrestingly powerful vocals, which are well tuned to the duo's graceful songs of indie-folk heartbreak." -Time Out NY
WHAT THE PRESS HAS SAID ABOUT "TELL YOUR FRIENDS!"
* Time Out New York called it a "DON'T MISS," and said: "With a slew of talented stand-ups . . . and folk-rock duo 'A Brief View of the Hudson,' Liam McEneaney's new show?and 'workout comedy room'?is sure to please."
* The NY Daily News made it a Monday pick of the day.
* AM New York put it in their "Best Bets" section.
* "Editor's Pick!" - clubfreetime.com
Produced by Mike Collins & Liam McEneaney
Added by simpletwist on September 29, 2005